I know you sing. In the car, in the shower, walking down the street with the headphones on, in the privacy of your home, I know you’re singing and screaming. Maybe you just sing the refrains; maybe you can’t quite hit the high notes, but you’re singing. Think you’re a real crooner?
I can make some recommendations for you, some Songs to Learn and Sing. I’ve compiled a playlist on YouTube for your convenience. I’ve had to make choices, excluding many deserving songs. I try to curate original videos – the way the artists intended you to see their music. Short of that, I do the best that I can to find something interesting, or at least ensure the version of a song is “correct”. I try to avoid songs with the radio edits; many times over, those blips are worse than the f-word.
I got me a car, it’s as big as a whale
And we’re headin’ on down to the Love Shack
I got me a Chrysler, it seats about twenty
So hurry up and bring your jukebox money
Here’s the playlist:
- Echo and the Bunnymen – The Killing Moon
- Sinatra – You’re Getting to Be a Habit with Me
- The Brian Setzer Orchestra – There’s a Rainbow ‘Round My Shoulder
- Billy Bragg & Wilco – Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key
- The Screaming Blue Messiahs – Wild Blue Yonder
- The Pixies – Dig for Fire
- The B52s – Love Shack
- Romeo Void – (I Might Like you Better) If We Slept Together
- The Prettiots – Boys I dated in High School
- The Modern Lovers – Pablo Picasso
- The Specials – Blank Expression
- The Dirty Heads – Lay Me Down
- Smash Mouth – All Star
- Velvet Underground – Who Loves the sun
- Little Eva – Loco-motion
- Ben Gibbard – They Don’t Know
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – (I’ll Love You) Till the End of the World
Sometimes the flow of my playlists are abstract. The Screaming Blue Messiahs and The Pixies had to be back to back, because they both have bald men screaming at you. Sometimes there isn’t a good flow … I’m working on that skill.
© Community Noise 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
I own none of the photos, just grabbed stuff from Internet searching. I love how you can google images for anything and find it – “singing vampire”? Check.